FRESH DILL DIP
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill weed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
STRAWBERRY SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely grated Vidalia onion
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
FOR THE SALAD
- 5 ounces (about 4 cups) baby arugula
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
NO-BAKE PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE
FOR THE CRUST:
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (see note below)
- 12 ounces canned pineapple, pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
FOR THE GARNISH
- whipped topping, optional
- fresh pineapple, optional
FOR THE FRESH DILL DIP
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, poppy seeds, onion, vinegars and oil. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, combine arugula, strawberries, goat cheese and almonds. Toss with desired amount of dressing to coat and serve immediately.
FOR THE NO-BAKE PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE
- In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add in pineapple and vanilla and mix to combine, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well combined.
- Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into prepared individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping and fresh pineapple.
FRESH DILL DIP NOTES:
- Serve with a variety of fresh vegetables or pumpernickel bread.
NO-BAKE PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE NOTES:
- I have not tried this recipe using fresh whipped cream, so I cannot attest to the results.
- The amount of sugar you need will depend on the sweetness of your pineapple. I recommend tasting and adjusting the level of sweetness before filling your serving dishes.
- This recipe was modified on 5/15/16 to included only canned pineapple.