- Yield: 6 equally sized servings
- Serving Size: 1 tostada per serving
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus+ = 5
- Smartpoints = 4
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 (6″) corn tortillas
- 1 (14 oz) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- (14 to 16 oz total)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- 1/3 cup light dairy sour cream (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat both sides of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Place on baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Tortillas will crisp up as they cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet combine broth, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
Bring to a boil. Add chicken; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F.).
- 4. Remove from heat. Let chicken cool in the liquid about 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. When cool enough, transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred chicken into large pieces using two forks. Return shredded chicken to cooking liquid.
- 5. In a medium size bowl combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, snipped cilantro, lime juice and pepper.
- 6. Place tortillas on serving plates. Dividing in equal amounts, top with lettuce and bean mixture. Using a slotted spoon, spoon chicken on top of bean mixture. If desired, garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
- Calories: 207
- Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 39mg
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 6g
- Sodium 285mg
- Protein 23g