- 1 1/2 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed, patted dry
- 1 package (8 oz) fresh cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) beef consommé
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flourFresh rosemary leaves, if desired
- 1. Sprinkle tenderloin with salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 minutes. Remove beef from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- 2. In skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add onions, mushrooms and carrots; cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned. Add wine and thyme; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 7 minutes or until wine is reduced by half, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- 3. In small bowl, stir together beef consommé and flour with whisk. Add flour mixture and beef to skillet. Cook 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Garnish with rosemary. Serve immediately.
Source : allrecipes.Com