- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ sticks (3/4 cups) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon water, room temperature
- 1 (18 oz) jar raspberry, apricot or marmalade jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 2-3 cookie sheets.
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter, sugar until creamy, 2-3 minutes, then add vanilla and egg, lightly beaten.
- Slowly add flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix until a crumbly dough forms. Begin kneading dough with hands, adding water in ½ teaspoon increments until dough feels slightly tacky.
- Wrap up dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Once the dough has chilled, dust a clean surface and rolling pin with flour, and roll dough to ¼ – inch thickness, then flip dough, flour surface again, and roll dough to ⅛ – inch thickness.
- Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out several circles and set aside. Gather scraps into a ball and re-roll dough, using as much as is available.
- Place a teaspoon of jam filling in the center of each circle. Fold sides and bottom of circle to form a triangle, then place cookie onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Evenly space cookies 1-inch apart and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are just golden brown.
- Cool before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com