Author: Melissa Sperka
- 2 loaves Rhodes frozen white bread, thawed
- ½ cup [1 stick] butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- Cream Cheese Dip: [easily doubles]
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup whipped cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream [more if needed to thin]
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Thaw the bread loaves in the refrigerator overnight. The dough should be thawed but still cold. Use a pizza cutter to cut the loaves into 8 strips each. [If you’d like large bread sticks, cut each loaf into 6 pieces]
- Roll each dough strip into a 6 inch rope. For smaller bread sticks, cut each rope in half.
- Mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and allspice until combined.
- Dip each piece of dough into the melted butter then roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place side by side on a parchment lined baking sheet. Shape the ends of the bread sticks so they are uniform in size and will bake evenly.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on top, and allow to rise in a draft free place for around 1½-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Rest on the pan for 5 minutes before glazing.
- Use a hand mixer to whip together the ingredients for the cream cheese dip. After combining, warm gently in the microwave to make it pourable.
- Drizzle over the bread sticks then serve the remainder on the side for dipping.
- Pull apart and enjoy! : 16 medium or 32 small bread sticks and approximately 1 cup cream cheese dip
If you choose regular block cream cheese in place of the whipped cream cheese for the dip, additional cream may be needed to thin. It should be the consistency of thick syrup.