- 1 lb. fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup good pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided
- Place the broccoli florets in a microwave-safe bowl. Add ¼ cup water, cover, and microwave until just-tender, 7 minutes for fresh broccoli and 9 minutes for frozen, stopping twice to mix.
- Drain the steamed broccoli. Transfer to a large bowl. Mix with the pizza sauce and half the cheese.
- Heat broiler on high and position a rack 6 inches below flame. Transfer the broccoli mixture to a broiler-safe 1.5-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Broil 3-5 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 290; Fat: 17g; Carbohydrates: 18g; Sugar: 6g; Sodium: 643mg;Fiber: 8g; Protein: 22g