Do you love Pecan Pie as much as I? Do your eyes roll back into your head when you taste the sweet, custardy, sugary—almost caramely—goodness? Or are you among the unfortunate humans who has never tried Pecan Pie? I know you’re out there, and if you’re listening, please, please listen to me: make it this Thanksgiving. Give it a try. It’s simple. It’s hearty. It’s basic. And it’s just so good.
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought (plus extra dough for decorating, optional)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and browned (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º F and roll out pie crust to a 12 or 13-inch circle, big enough to fit a springform pan or tart or pie dish.
- Gently place dough in pan, pressing into the bottom and sides of pan and trimming excess.
- Optional: cut out pie dough flowers or other designs to decorate crust later.
- Place pie dish in fridge until ready to fill.In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy and fluffy, then beat in browned butter.
- Once combined, beat in brown and white sugar until sugar granules are dissolved.
- Sprinkle in flour, cinnamon and salt, then stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Once fully incorporated, fold in pecans, then pour mixture into pie crust.
- Decorate pie crust with any pecans or cut outs you made earlier.
- Place pie pan in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until center is just set and no longer jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
- Pecan pie – is one of our go-to pie recipes around the holidays and we’ve tinkered around over the years with all the recipes we can come up with
- Ready to use pie crust recipe – I got this recipe from Sister Lance in Virginia. It seriously can not go wrong! It makes 5 single pie crusts and last forever in the freezer.
- Easy pie crust recipe – How to Make the Perfect Pie Crust – Simple, Practical, and GOOD (Grandma’s Perfect Pie Crust)
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!