- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (about ¼-1/2 inch thick)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup basil pesto (for a great homemade version go to this link —> http://therecipecritic.com/2013/02/skinny-chicken-pesto-bake/!)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Lay chicken breasts out on a flat surface. In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder and whisk together. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken, flipping to get both sides.
- Spread about ¼ cup pesto onto each chicken breast. Sprinkle with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Gently roll up chicken breasts so that the pesto and cheese are on the “inside” of the chicken roll. Place chicken rolls in a single layer in prepared baking dish. Top with additional pesto and cheese if desired. Bake 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Source : allrecipes.com