- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 large plain baked potato(es), cooled completely, quartered lengthwise*
- 1/3 cup(s) store-bought pizza sauce
- 2 oz pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) (shredded) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano, red pepper flakes or garlic, or to taste
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Slice top half or two thirds of potato flesh off each potato quarter. (Reserve potato flesh for soup or mashed potatoes, if desired). Spoon about 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce over each potato wedge; sprinkle wedges with pepperoni and then with cheese.
Carefully place potato skins on prepared baking sheet. Bake until cheese melts and potatoes are hot, about 6 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with oregano, red pepper flakes or garlic. Yields 2 potato skins per serving.
- *Make sure the potatoes are cooled completely before slicing and scooping out the flesh or you may have a hard time forming the skins. Thinly sliced, Italian-style cooked chicken sausage also makes a tasty pizza topping; try it instead of pepperoni (may affect SmartPoints value).