Serves: 10-12 cookies
- 1 prepared single pie crust (homemade or purchased, I used Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chip for decorating
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine butter, pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and eggs. While constantly stirring, cook on the stove top over medium-low heat just until thickened. (You don’t want it dry, just slightly thickened, about the consistency of pudding). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unroll dough and using a 3″ cookie cutter, cut out circles. Gently fold about ⅛-1/4″ up on the edges.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the pecan mixture into each circle.
- Place on a parchment lined pan (it’s important to line it) and bake 8 minutes or until filling is just set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a small Ziploc bag (use brand name, the store brands tend to leak). Microwave about 15 seconds or until mostly melted. Snip off a tiny corner of the baggie and drizzle chocolate over the cookies. Cool until set.