FOR THE BLONDIES:
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
FOR THE PECAN PIE LAYER:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup Fisher Nuts Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the blondies layer: in a large mixing bowl combine the brown sugar with the melted butter. Add in egg, vanilla and salt. Mix until blended. Add in flour, stirring just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- For the pecan pie layer: In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine the brown sugar, Karo corn syrup, heavy cream, butter and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, boil for 1 full minute. Remove from heat and add the almond extract and chopped Fisher Nuts Pecans.
- Pour over batter in dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- For best slicing, refrigerate for an hour first. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. ENJOY.
Source : allrecipes.Com