Best Ever Pecan Pie Bars are so good people offer to pay me for them. A fabulous recipe with a caramelized pecan pie set atop a shortbread crust is the absolute perfect nut bar. My family requests more of this dessert than any other every year.
Helpful Tips to make Best Ever Pecan Pie Bars:
- The dough will be very sticky; sprinkle the dough and your hands lightly with flour.
- Try chopping pecans in a food processer to make easy work of the prep or buy chopped pecans.
- The pecan bars will be a little wiggly when they are done cooking, just not jiggly. They will set up as they cool.
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting, I like to refrigerate overnight.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the bars.
- I like to use parchment paper to line the pan. When they are done cooling you can lift the bars out of the pan by the parchment and cut on a cutting board.
- These bars freeze perfectly. Wrap in a gallon size freezer bag with sheets of parchment paper between the stacks of bars. They keep for up to 6 months in the freezer.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients: