- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2/3 cup peeled, chopped ripe pears (this was about 1 pear for me)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 12 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white, egg, applesauce, milk and molasses. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended together. Stir in the chopped pears.
- Spoon the oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake uncovered for 20-22 minutes or until oatmeal is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Source : emilybites.com