I don’t know about you, but at my elementary school they served AMAZING desserts. Sometimes I find myself craving the lunch ladies’ chocolate cake or homemade cinnamon rolls. Nowadays, I don’t think that they even serve dessert in elementary school! Poor kids don’t know what they are missing!
These peanut butter bars are SPOT ON to what the lunch ladies served! Trust me- you have to try these!
The only problem with these Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars is that they are so addicting, you can literally eat a whole pan by yourself!
Trust me, I speak from experience.
These are the best peanut butter bars I’ve ever tasted and they are perfect for feeding a crowd! I usually have all the ingredients on hand so if I ever need to make a treat at the last minute, these are my go-to!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup milk + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together ½ cup milk, vanilla extract, eggs. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter and 1 cup peanut butter, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and slowly add flour mixture, followed by milk and egg mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter onto cookie sheet, spreading batter evenly to edges. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: In a saucepan, bring 1 stick butter and ½ cup peanut butter to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons milk and slowly mix in powdered sugar until well combined. Pour frosting over cake, spreading evenly to edges. Allow frosting to cool and set before serving.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE.. PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!