YIELD: ABOUT 50-60 2-INCH PIECES
- 4½ cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Grease a 13×9 inch pan.
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat, combine sugar, butter and milk and cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue stirring and boil for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and marshmallow creme.
- Working quickly, pour 1/2 the mixture into another sauce pan and add peanut butter to one pan, and chocolate chips to the other. Mix each until well blended.
- Pour chocolate fudge into prepared pan, then top with peanut butter and spread over chocolate.
- Cool completely at room temperature then cut into squares.
- Store in air tight container in the refrigerator.