That’s why we created Peanut Butter Apple Nachos! They make for the perfect after-school snack your kids will request time and time again. Granny Smith apples, dark chocolate, creamy peanut butter and sweet coconut flakes all combine for a delicious healthy nacho recipe. At only 87 calories for three “nachos,” both you AND the kids can gobble them up!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: None
- Yield: 6 servings
- Serving size: 3 nachos
- 1 large tart apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw, unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Core the apple and thinly slice it into rings with a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife. On a slicer with 3 thickness settings, use the thickest.
- Lay the slices out on a large plate or platter, and squeeze the lemon juice over them to prevent browning.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 10-15 second intervals on the microwave’s lowest setting, being careful not to burn the chips. Stir in between intervals until melted (overheating chocolate will result in a lumpy and gritty texture).
- Drizzle the chocolate with a spoon over the apple slices.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter for 10-15 seconds to allow it to loosen, then drizzle the peanut butter with a spoon over the apple slices.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut flakes and chopped peanuts over the apple slices, and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator, but eat as soon as possible for best results.
- Per Serving: (3 nachos)
- Calories: 87
- Calories from fat: 48
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein: 2g
- WWP+: 2
- SmartPoints: 3
The nutrition content of recipes on 1KRecipes.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.