- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups fresh sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 rectangular pieces of pie dough rolled out to approximately 11×14-inches*
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400-degrees F. Position oven rack in bottom third of oven.
- In large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Add peaches and lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Fit one piece of pastry dough into an ungreased 9x13x1-inch sheet pan (quarter sheet pan). Allow access overhang. Do not trim. Pour peach filling into crust and spread evenly.
- Place remaining piece of dough on top.** Pinch edges of two crusts together to seal, tuck under any extra pastry crust, as needed. Use a knife to cut vents across top of pie crust.
- Brush crust with beaten egg. Optional: evenly sprinkle top with about a tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before slicing (if you can wait that long!).