- 1/2 lb egg noodles
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lb baby spinach
- 1 C basil leaves
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt plus more to taste, if desired
- 1/4 tsp pepper plus more to taste, if desired
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 C cherry or grape tomatoes sliced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Combine the garlic, spinach, basil, olive oil, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Puree the mixture until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is well combined.
- Reheat the pasta by running under hot water (if necessary).
- Toss the pasta with the pesto and tomatoes. Serve hot.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/10 Points +
PER SERVING: 382 calories; 18g fat; 3g saturated fat; 45g carbohydrates; 2g sugar; 12g protein; 4g fiber