- 3 cups uncooked fusilli pasta (I used a combination of penne and fusilli)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic from the jar (or 1 clove, minced)
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced fat evaporated milk (2%)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (I used an Italian cheese blend mozzarella, parmesan, asiago, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons butter, cut into little bits
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions for about half the suggested cooking time and drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, red pepper and garlic in the slow cooker. (I used the 2 quart crock from my 3 in 1 crockpot because I thought a 4 quart would be too big. I think a 3 quart would be about perfect.)
- In a bowl, combine the evaporated milk, milk, cornstarch, salt and cheese.
- Transfer the pasta to the slow cooker, stir in the milk mixture and dollop with the bits of butter.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, until the pasta and vegetables are tender.
Source : allrecipes.Com