Both high in vitamin A and a good source of vitamin C, this delicately seasoned butternut squash side makes the perfect accompaniment to your favorite cooked lean meat.
points plus: 2
- 1 butternut squash (1-1/2 lb.), peeled, seeded and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup KRAFT Lite Balsamic Parmesan Asiago Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup water
- Bring the squash, butter, thyme, pepper and water just to boil in a large skillet on medium-high heat; cover.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 5-6 minutes, or until the squash is crisp-tender.
- Uncover the skillet; cook the squash on high heat for about 4-6 minutes, or until the squash is lightly browned and the liquid is cooked off. Remove from the heat.
- Add the dressing; stir to evenly coat the squash. Sprinkle with cheese.