Awesome paleo and gluten-free recipe for a dense but lightly textured pound cake.
- 10 slices | Serving Size: 1 slice |
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned is best…lite or whole will work)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Coconut oil for pan
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Grease a loaf dish or pan very thoroughly, lightly flour as well (I used coconut flour)
- 3. Beat eggs until smooth
- 4. Add remaining liquid ingredients and mix
- 5. Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Some people have problems with coconut flour clumping and claim they must sift it. I personally have not yet found this to be an issue and usually opt not to do this step.
- 6. Bake. The original recipe called for 45 minutes. I found mine actually took almost a full hour to cook through the middle. Just start checking around 45 minutes every few minutes. Insert a toothpick and when it comes out done, you’re golden…
For the berry component keep it simple:
- 1. Slice up strawberries into whatever size you like.
- 2. Puree some of them for a sauce
- 3. Wash the blackberries
- 4. Assemble your shortcakes in whatever way suits your palette. The cake is quite dense so I chose thin slices.
- 5. If you “do dairy” a little homemade whipped cream on this would be awesome.
- ~ The end result was quite tasty and the perfect bed for beautiful fresh berries and a little puree for sauce.
- Servings: 1 large loaf
- Prep and Cook time: 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees
Nutritional Info :
Calories: 226 | Total Fat: 11.9 g | Saturated Fat: 7.9 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 123 mg | Sodium: 151 mg | Carbohydrates: 21.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.7 g | Sugars: 14 g | Protein: 6.9 g | SmartPoints: 10