1 HOUR TO PREPARE, SERVES 6-8
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent. 8-10 minutes. (Or cook in bacon grease.)
- Pour milk into skillet, season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and whisk flour into milk. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened, then whisk in 1 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Spread 1/2 cheese sauce across the bottom of baking dish and top with 3 lasagna noodles. Sprinkle on 1/3 bacon, ham and onions, then top with 1/3 remaining cheddar cheese and 1/3 Swiss cheese.
- Repeat with another 2 layers.
- Pour beaten eggs evenly over the mixture, then top with parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate lasagna overnight, or bake immediately.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until eggs are just set and cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Julie’s Eats And Treats