Oven Baked Tacos are always a favorite at dinnertime with the family, or when feeding a crowd at a party. Crisp taco shells are filled with cheese and our favorite seasoned ground beef taco meat and then baked in the shells the cheese is melted.
How to Make Oven Baked Tacos
The difference between these baked tacos and typical tacos is that the meat and a bit of cheese is added to the shells and baked for a few minutes.
Not only do they look so yummy packed together and standing upright in a casserole pan; they are easy to prepare, and even easier to grab and enjoy. You can also make these with pork or chicken. Just three simple steps to make this delicious crowd pleaser:
- Brown the ground beef and onion. Stir in taco seasoning, or (use Homemade Taco Seasoning), and diced tomatoes.
- Stack the taco shells side-by-side in a casserole pan and fill with cheese and meat mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake until the shells are crispy and the cheese is thoroughly melted.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground beef, lean
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 20 1⁄2 ounces refried beansshredded cheddar cheese
- 12 small flour tortillas
- diced tomato
- diced onion
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning, refried beans and tomato sauce.
Heat until blended.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a glass 9x13 pan with oil.
- Spoon taco filling into taco shells and stack them side by side in pan.
When shells are filled, top each with shredded cheese.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, watching so they do not brown too much.
Top with remaining ingredients, if desired.