- 1½ cup Warm Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2½ tsp or (1 pkg) Yeast
- 4 cup Flour
- 2 oz melted Butter
- 10 cups water
- ⅔ cup baking soda
- 1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Pretzel salt (can substitute Kosher or Sea Salt)
- Combine water, sugar and salt and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let stand 5 minutes or until it mixture begins to foam.
- Using the dough hook, add the flour and butter and mix on low speed until combined.
- Increase speed to medium and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl(about 5 minutes).
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with towel and sit in a warm place for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450 and line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil.
- Bring 10 cups of water and the baking soda to a boil in a large pot. Lightly oil your work surface and turn out the dough and divide into 8 pieces.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a 2 foot rope. Flip ends of the rope across each other and press onto the bottom of the U in order to form the shape of a pretzel. Boil the pretzels, 1 by 1, for 30 seconds.
- Place on the baking sheet, brush the top of each pretzel with the egg wash and sprinkle with the pretzel salt.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Source : allrecipes.Com