4 HOURS – OVERNIGHT TO PREPARE, SERVES 12
- 30 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (24 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place half (12) of Oreos in a food processor and begin pulsing until finely ground. Drizzle in melted butter and pulse. (If you don’t have a food processor, place Oreos in a plastic bag, squeeze out all air and seal. Run a rolling pin over the bag to break up the pieces. Pour in melted butter, seal and mix together to incorporate.)
- Transfer mixture to a 9-inch springform pan and press Oreo crust into the bottom. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs individually, making sure to blend mixture fully before adding the next egg.
- Place another 12 Oreos into the springform pan, over the Oreo crust. (It’s okay if they’re messy or overlap.)
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the springform pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until almost set.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Crush remaining Oreos and sprinkle them over the top of the cheesecake, then serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Snack Works