This Orange Zucchini Bread with Orange Glaze is one of a whole slew of zucchini recipes coming up shortly! Zucchini is one of my new favorite ingredients. It’s like the pumpkin of spring and summer.
This Orange Zucchini Bread with Orange Glaze is almost like a pound cake or loaf cake! Very cake-like, but if we call it bread, we can eat more of it. Because it has green veggies in it, we can eat it guilt-free!
It’s immensely moist, sticky sweet, dense, but with soft crumbs, and BURSTING with fresh orange! It’s such a jolt of sunshine in this never-ending winter.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 - 3tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour bottoms only of two 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pans.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-coloured; gradually beat in sugar.
- Add oil, orange juice and zucchini.
- Stir in remaining bread ingredients; mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 45-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool slightly on a rack.
- In small bowl, blend glaze ingredients; spread over warm loaves.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.