The Crew and I just loved the moist, creaminess of this bread. If you love nuts as much as I do, feel free to load ’em on! So good.
- 1-8 ozpackage cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cshortening
- 1 2/3 cgranulated sugar
- 2 1/4 call-purpose flour
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 Tbspbaking powder
- 1 cmilk
- 1/2 cchopped walnuts
- 2 Tbspgrated orange peel
- 1/4 corange juice
- Combine cream cheese and shortening, creaming well.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts and orange peel.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 mintues. Then sprinkle orange juice over loaves. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling