- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (weight) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, orange zest and ground ginger until well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla extract; beat well until smooth.
- Gradually add in flour mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and mix until distributed evenly. If time permits, wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Line baking sheets with baking parchment or silicone baking mat.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350-degrees F for about 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
Source : allrecipes.Com