- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup rice (I used Basmati)
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and cubed chicken. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes until the chicken starts to brown a bit. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until garlic gets aromatic.
- Add the rice, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Start with 2 cups of chicken broth and if more is needed add more until rice is fully cooked. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook over medium heat until the rice is fully cooked, stirring occasionally, should take about 15 minutes or so. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Add the broccoli florets and half the cheese then continue cooking for 2 more minutes, until broccoli softens a bit. Sprinkle over the top with remaining cheese and place the skillet under the broiler for a couple more minutes, just until it melts and starts to brown a bit.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Source : allrecipes.com