There is really nothing better than having a delicious meal and not having to worry about washing a million and one dishes afterwards. And this recipe for Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus is packed with flavor and all made in the same pan – yay!
The chicken is lightly coated in flour, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. The flour makes sure the chicken gets brown and crispy on the outside. You can use almond flour or coconut flour if you are low carb, paleo, low carb, or gluten free. Then the asparagus, garlic, and a quick pan sauce of chicken broth and white wine vinegar bring everything together. Paired with some quinoa, brown rice, couscous, baked sweet potatoes, or spaghetti squash and you have a perfect meal in my opinion.
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 tbsp. flour (or almond flour for Paleo/Whole30/low carb)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, lemon zest (save the juice), salt, and pepper. Toss the chicken with this until all the pieces are just coated.
- Heat the olive over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the asparagus and garlic to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often
- Add the chicken broth and vinegar to the skillet. Stir and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken and let simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat or until chicken is fully cooked. Squeeze lemon juice over top.