|1 lb Italian sausage|
|2 large russet potato, sliced in half and then in 1/4 inch slices|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1⁄4 cup bacon bits, optional|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|2 cup kale, or swiss chard, chopped|
|2 can (8 ounces each) chicken broth|
|1 qt water|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream|
- Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
- Brown sausage in a soup pot.
- Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.
- Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in a separate pot.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- Add sausage and bacon, if using.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn to low heat.
- Add kale and cream.
- Heat through and serve.
Source : allrecipes.com