- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces
- 1 sweet vidalia onion, thinly sliced,
- 1 medium green cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar ¼ tsp caraway seed (optional)
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pot (I use a Dutch oven) over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crisp, stirring frequently.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a plate. Add onion and cabbage to pot and cook, stirring often, until cabbage is wilted (about 10 minutes).
- Add vinegar and sugar and cook until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir in bacon.
Source : allrecipes.com