FOR THE PIE CRUST
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1/4 of a cup ice water
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 4 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 large RIPE bananas, mashed
FOR WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
FOR THE PIE CRUST:
- In Large cold bowl, add the cold butter into the flour and add the salt until mixture and hand mix, but NOT until smooth, it should still be combined well but lumpy still with the cold butter still showing.
- Pour the ice water over the mixture, use a fork until dough begins to form, do NOT over mix.
- Divide the dough into two equal sections then flatten into 2 rounds, then place in the refrigerator to rest for about a half an hour.(this makes two pie crusts, you can save for another pie or freeze)
- Remove from the fridge and place in the bottom of a 10 inch pie plate, cut off any excess.
- Bake only the crust at 400F for 10 – 14 minutes OR until golden brown.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY before adding your filling
FOR THE FILLING;
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir in Eagle Brand milk and egg yolks.
- Cook until thick in saucepan or microwave.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
- add in 2 mashed banana, mix until combined
- Pour 1/2 of filling on pie crust.
- Place 3 sliced bananas on filling.
- Pour remainder of filling on the sliced bananas.
- Combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat well
- Spread on top of the filling. (i used a pastry bag to make pretty peaks)
- Garnish with the last sliced banana
Source : allrecipes.Com