- Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- Cuts into 20 squares
- 250g assorted biscuits, roughly chopped
- 250g assorted nuts, or a mix of nuts and dried fruit
- 300g milk or plain chocolate, or a mixture of both, chopped
- 100g butter, chopped
- 140g golden syrup
- Butter and line a 20cm square tin with non-stick baking parchment. In a large bowl, combine the biscuits and nuts, halving any larger nuts. Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth and glossy, then pour this over the biscuit and nut mixture.
- Tip the mixture into the tin, then flatten lightly – it doesn’t need to be completely smooth. Chill for at least 2 hrs or overnight before cutting into squares.
Source : bbcgoodfoodme,com