- Serves: makes about 20-25 bites
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ + ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup chopped chocolate or mini chocolate chips
- dash of salt, to taste
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey, raw
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ almond flakes, lightly toasted and crushed
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, cocoa powder, ⅓ cup coconut, ground flaxseed, cranberries, chia seeds, chocolate and salt.
- In another small bowl, melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in the microwave in 10 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well until fully combined.
- In a small shallow bowl, stir together the almond flakes and ¼ cup coconut. Using wet hands, roll the oat mixture into balls (mine were about 1-inch in diameter) and then roll them around in the bowl of coconut and almonds for the outer coating. Place in the refrigerator to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Add more oats if the mixture seems too moist and likewise, add more melted honey or a little bit more coconut oil if the mixture seems too dry and crumbly.