|3⁄4 cup milk|
|1⁄4 cup margarine, softened|
|3 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, divided|
|1 package (.25 ounce) instant yeast|
|1⁄4 cup white sugar|
|1⁄2 tsp salt|
|1⁄4 cup water|
|1 cup brown sugar, packed|
|1 tbsp ground cinnamon|
|1⁄2 cup margarine, softened|
|1⁄2 cup raisins, optional|
- Heat milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in 1/4 cup margarine; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, white sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup margarine.
- Roll out dough into a 12 x 9 inch rectangle. Spread dough with margarine/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with raisins, if desired. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size pieces and place cut side up in 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place muffin pan onto a large cookie sheet to catch any drippings if rolls bubble over. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool. Serve warm.
Source : allrecipes.com