1. Sesame seeds. Sprinkle sesame seeds in your salad, yogurt, or smoothie to soften stools. Reader’s Digest says this home remedy is an ancient solution used by Amish and Chinese populations.
2. Blackstrap molasses. Eating a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses before bedtime is an excellent way to get things moving, while also infusing your body with magnesium and other gut-healthy vitamins and minerals, says Reader’s Digest.
3. Lemon water. This simple solution stimulates the digestive system and flushes toxins from the body. Reader’s Digest recommends drinking a glass of water with fresh lemon juice each morning.
4. Yogurt. Probiotics like yogurt, sauerkraut and kimchi have healthy, live bacteria that help prevent chronic constipation and rebalance gut bacteria. Authority Nutrition says probiotics contain short-chain fatty acids that make it easier to pass stool.
5. Bananas. There are probiotics, and then there are prebiotics. These foods include bananas, garlic, and onions. Authority Nutrition explains prebiotics improve bowel movement by feeding healthy gut bacteria and increasing frequency of bowel movements.
6. Prunes. This age-old home remedy really works. Authority Nutrition explains prunes are rich in fiber and contain a natural laxative known as sorbitol. If you suffer from chronic constipation, make it a habit to eat 7 medium-sized prunes twice daily.
7. Acupressure. The Conception Vessel 6 pressure point, also known as the Sea of Qi, is located three finger widths below the belly button. To stimulate the bowels, Modern Reflexology says to use your fingertips to firmly press the Sea of Qi for 30 seconds. Keep your eyes closed and breath normally as you push the pressure point.
8. Aromatherapy. This alternative therapy has been long used to treat a range of ailments. The scents best at beating constipation are rosemary, sweet basil, lemon, orange, fennel, and peppermint, says StomachBloating.com. When you are feeling constipated, it may be helpful to diffuse any one or a combination of these essential oils in your home, or to inhale the essential oils directly.
These home remedies can save you from deadly kidney disease. Spread the word when you SHARE this article on social media.