- 1 asian eggplant (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon (sesame oil, optional)
- 1 tablespoon miso (gluten free for gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons sake
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 green onion (sliced, optional)
- Brush the inside sides of the eggplant sides with the sesame oil.
- Broil the outside of the eggplant sides for about 3 minutes.
- Broil the inside side of the eggplant sides for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Mix the miso, sake, mirin and sugar.
- Place the miso mixture on the inside side of the eggplant sides and broil until the miso bubbles.
- Garnish with the green onion slices.
Source : allrecipes.com