Easy recipe for mustard pickles that you’ll love! Great way to use those garden cucumbers this summer!
|Mustard Pickles: Half Hour Pickles|
- 7 large Field cucumbers
- 2 large onions
- 1 large Red Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Coarse salt
- 4 Cups white vinegar
- 3 Cups white sugar you can substitute with Stevia
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Peel , seed and chop cucumbers. (Cut in to bite sized pieces.)
- Dice onions.
- Pour ½ Cup Coarse salt over chopped cucumbers & onion and cover all with boiling water. Let stand about ½ hour. Drain.
- Add chopped red peppers.
- In a large pot, combine 3 cups vinegar, 2 cups sugar. Bring to a boil and add vegetables.
- In a separate bowl make a paste using 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 ½ tsp dry mustard, 2 tsp celery seed, 2 tsp turmeric and 1 cup vinegar. Add to vegetables and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fill jars while mix is still hot, add lids and turn upside down in a pan filled with hot water enough to cover the rings.
- Allow to cool then remove jars from pan right side up. Check to make sure all lids sealed. If any have not sealed you can store pickles in the fridge.