- 1 16 oz. package Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 pounds strawberries hulled, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin (powdered Jell-O)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray with FLOUR or grease and flour your pan. Cut cookie dough into 12 even slices and press into the bottom and about 2/3 up the sides of prepared muffin cups.* Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are barely golden. Let cool 5 minutes then gently transfer to a wire rack to cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, make filling by adding 1 cup roughly chopped strawberries and 1/2 cup water to a blender and puree until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add puree to a small saucepan along with cornstarch, sugar and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, but not too thick. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in Jell-O and lemon juice.
- Let cool to room temperature. This will be your Strawberry Glaze.
- Slice any extra large strawberries in half and add all remaining strawberries to cooled Strawberry Glaze and stir until evenly coated. Spoon filling into cooled cookie cups. Refrigerate for at least 2-5 hours, up to 24**.
- When ready to serve, place a metal mixing bowl and metal whisk in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and add sugar and heavy cream. Whisk over medium high speed until stiff peaks form. Dollop mini pies with cream. Serve immediately.
Source : allrecipes.Com