- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can 20 ounce pineapple chunks, drained
- 12 Maraschino cherries, drained and cut in halves
- 1 16.5 ounce Duncan Hines Signature Pineapple Supreme cake mix
- 1 – package 3.4 ounce vanilla instant pudding
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- Generously spray or grease two (2) cupcake pans.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, add the brown sugar and stir well. Place a teaspoon of the buttery brown sugar mixture in the bottom of each cup.
- Cut the maraschino cherries in halves and drain the pineapple chunks. Put two (2) pieces of pineapple and a cherry half (rounded side down) in the center of the buttery brown sugar mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cake mix, vanilla instant pudding, low-fat mayonnaise, eggs and water in a mixing bowl and blend according to the directions on the cake box.
- Take a medium sized cookie scooper (approximately ¼ cup) and pour the batter over the buttery brown sugar and fruit pieces. Smooth the cake batter with the back of a spoon, making sure to cover the fruit.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 17-20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans. See notes for removing the mini cakes.
Source : allrecipes.com