- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) blue cheese crumbles
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- Pretzel sticks
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, blue cheese, and dried cranberries until smooth. Dampen hands to prevent sticking and form cream cheese mixture into approximately 24 tablespoon-sized balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or until firm.
- In the meantime, toast the pecans by spreading out on a sheet pan and baking in a preheated 350°F oven until lightly toasted and fragrant, for 7 to 10 minutes. Allow pecans to cool and finely chop them.
- Roll chilled cheese balls in chopped pecans, pressing nuts so that they adhere. Keep cheese balls refrigerated until ready to serve. Just before serving, skewer each cheese ball with a pretzel stick.
You can make the cheese balls ahead of time, but don’t insert the pretzels until just before serving or they will become soggy.