- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar, for rolling
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, ½ cup powdered sugar, and vanilla. Stir in nuts and salt. Mix in flour a half cup at a time, until dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, placing them about 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until set but not brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet, and slightly cool cookies. While still warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Once cooled completely, sprinkle extra powdered sugar on top. Serve with coffee or tea!