|1 tsp salt|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|3 tbsp olive oil|
|1 cup brown rice, not instant|
|2 cup fat-free chicken broth|
|1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained, divided|
|1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped|
|1⁄2 cup onion, chopped|
- Heat oil. Add rice and cook until golden and toasted. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and lightly saute.
- Put salt, 1/2 cup tomatoes, and broth in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Slowly add liquid from the blender to the rice mixture. If you want extra tomato, drain and add the rest of them to the rice.
- Bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 1 hour (or as directed on the package).
- Do not remove the lid during the cooking process.
- Note: If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder to the blender.
- Per serving: 6 SmartPoints; 5 PointsPlus; 4 POINTS (old)
Source : allrecipes.Com