|1 cup quinoa|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|1 lb extra lean lean ground beef|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|1 to 2 garlic cloves|
|1 tsp coriander|
|2 tsp chili powder|
|2 tsp oregano|
|4 to 6 dashes hot sauce|
|1 can (14 oz) corn, drained|
|1 can (19 oz) black beans, rinsed|
|1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes, broken up by hand|
|1 cup salsa|
|3⁄4 cup soy cheese|
- Prepare Quinoa: Rinse in a sieve under running water. Dry Roast in a skillet for approximately 7 minutes until a crackling sound is heard. Boil 1.5 cups of water in a small saucepan, add the dry roasted quinoa. Turn down the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While quinoa is simmering, heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic and chopped onions, cook 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add beef, spices and hot sauce. You may want to add a little salt and pepper here also. Brown.
- Spread quinoa in a large baking dish.
- Layer remaining ingredients in this order: Beef, corn, tomatoes, salsa, black beans and finally the grated soy cheese (Jalapeño flavor recommended).
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes. Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes to turn the cheese golden.
- Per serving: 10 SmartPoints; 9 PointsPlus; 7 POINTS (old)
Source : allrecipes.Com