Fresh homemade donuts are a rare treat around our house.
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 5 mins
- Total time 15 mins
- 1 ten count can Texas style biscuits (or your preference, just not flaky layers)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1½ Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- Vegetable Oil For Frying
- Pour oil into skillet to the depth of a little less than ½ an inch and heat on medium to medium high for about five minutes.
- In a bowl, melt margarine. In a separate bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Using a plastic bottle cap, cut the center out of each biscuit.
- Drop dough into hot oil, watching carefully and turning when golden.
- Once doughnuts are golden on both sides, remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat until all dough is cooked, including doughnut holes.
- Dip both sides of each doughnut into melted margarine, then press both sides into cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve warm.