- 1½ cups rinsed quinoa
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 8 oz bag Mann’s Kale Beet Blend
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- added ½ cup water
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In an 8×8 inch baking dish (or 9×9), stir together the quinoa, chicken stock, oregano and lemon zest. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in the Kale Beet Blend, feta cheese & chicken. The baking dish will be very full, so take care while stirring. Return to the oven.
- Bake 30 more minutes, stirring once half way through.
- If quinoa does not taste cooked through completely, return to the oven for 5-10 more minutes until all water absorbed and quinoa cooked through
- Top with Panko breadcrumbs and cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions and feta cheese.
To Make Ahead
- Follow all steps except the addition of cheese & breadcrumbs.
- Allow to cool completely and store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To re-heat, cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs, and bake for 5-10 more minutes.
Make sure you use a deep casserole dish! The pyrex dish I use is 2.5 inches deep and was quite full.
This recipe can be halved and cooked with the same cook times as listed.