points plus: 4
- 1 kg floury potatoes
- 150 ml milk (1.5% fat)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (10% fat)
- Peel, wash and roughly dice the potatoes. Fill a large saucepan with water and add 1 tsp salt.
- Boil the potatoes, covered, for about 20 minutes on medium heat. Drain the potatoes, taking care to collect the cooking water in a bowl.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or press through a very fine sieve.
- Add the milk and sour cream to the potatoes and stir well with a whisk; for smoother mashed potatoes add 100-150 ml of the reserved boiling water and stir. Add the nutmeg, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.