My son enjoys trying new recipes. One weekend, he brought this over, ready to pop into the oven. It’s especially good when served with a tossed salad, hot rolls… and brownies or fresh fruit for dessert!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
2 C. leftover mashed potatoes
1/4 C. cottage cheese
1/4 C. sour cream
2 green onions, chopped
1 T. bacon bits
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 C. shredded cheddar jack cheese
Mashed Potato Pie Recipe
- 2 C. leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C. cottage cheese
- 1/4 C. sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 T. bacon bits
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 C. shredded cheddar jack cheese
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add in the cottage cheese and sour cream.
- Stir to combine and add the potatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Mix together well and pour into a lightly greased (I used butter) baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and then move the dish to the upper part of the oven and cook for another 6-7 minutes or until it begins to get golden brown.
- Let sit for a couple minutes before slicing.