- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided, plus more to taste
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup Marsala (see Tip)
- 1½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1½ teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add half the chicken and season with ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with another 1½ teaspoons oil, the remaining chicken and ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add another 1½ teaspoons oil to the pot. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften and give off liquid, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1½ teaspoons oil and onions. Cook, stirring and reducing heat as necessary to keep them from burning, until the onions soften and start to turn golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add flour and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in Marsala and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and the reserved chicken, along with any juice. Return to a simmer. Season with additional pepper, if desired.
Source : allrecipes.Com